New Zealand North Island Discovery
Be immersed in New Zealand’s indigenous Maori culture, including sampling the local Kai (food) and meeting Maori (first nation) people. Be awed by unique natural attractions of the central North Island including active volcanoes, geothermal features; bubbling mud pools, geysers and natural hot pools. This trip will educate and give you insight into the cultural integration of Aotearoa and in depth knowledge of how Maori lived pre European settlement.
- Get off the beaten track and explore the lesser visited East of the North Island
- Experience immersive Maori culture by spending a night in a Marae - a traditional house with Hangi dinner
- Feel like you are in another world by taking a journey on the 'Forgotten World' rail, a disused Heritage Railway line now travelled either in pedal power or electric custom built buggies.
- Stay in 3.5 - 4* hotels and unique accommodation
- See the light installation amongst the Redwoods
- Visit the Waitomo caves and see the glow worms
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust