Nepal & Bhutan Journey
Journey into the heart of Nepal and experience the colourful sights and culture of this enchanting region. Mingle with local villagers and craftspeople, visit tranquil temples and sacred Buddhist sites, travel the cobbled streets of tiny mountain towns and search for unique wildlife. From the whirlwind of Kathmandu to the lush jungle of Chitwan National Park - with plenty of delightful hidden gems in between - take an unforgettable tour of Nepal, brimming with culture, history and natural beauty. Bhutan is the little secret of Asia. Overshadowed and nestled between China and India, it is a relatively new travel spot, with many undiscovered secrets in its natural scenery and quiet townships. The land is dotted with red-clothed monks, ancient Buddhist temples and friendly smiles. It is one calm country, where gross national happiness is more important than money, where chillies are used as a vegetable rather than for spice, and the thunder dragon, Druk, is emblazoned on the national flag, symbolising the people of Bhutan: loyal, patriotic and living with a total sense of belonging within the kingdom.
- Beginning in Kathmandu, there's more than enough time to discover the Nepali capital's staggeringly rich cultural and artistic heritage
- Whether it's flying, hiking, driving or canoeing, this trip will let you experience Nepal's stunning natural beauty from all angles
- Witness world-class mountain scenery from heavenly viewpoint, with a breathtaking Everest flight
- Take a jeep safari and jungle walk with an expert resident naturalist Chitwan National Park, a beauty brimming with exotic bird life and game
- Get hands-on overview of Nepal's diverse architecture, from the stately Newari dwellings in Bandipur to the hill-perched Buddhist Peace Pagoda in Pokhara
- The happiest land on earth, Bhutan is a hidden paradise with no traffic lights, laws governing minimum forest coverage and some amazing feats of archery
- Only a small number of visitors are allowed into Bhutan each year. Its pretty special
- The climb to Tigers Nest, while tough, is a richly rewarding and sobering experience
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust