Myanmar is a country with a deep and fascinating culture. Beginning and ending in Yangon, discover the spiritual heavyweight of Shwedagon Pagoda, journey through Bagan and its thousands of pagodas, cross the longest teak bridge in the world near Mandalay and enjoy life lakeside at Inle Lake, where floating markets, leg-rowing fishermen and ethnic minorities make for a unique destination. Mix in delicious food, breathtaking landscapes and people both curious and welcoming, and you have a place that will keep you coming back for more.
TRIP UPDATES FOR 2019:
Due to a decline in tourism we are unfortunately no longer able to offer our current full range of trips in all styles in Myanmar. From 1st January 2019 this Basix trip will be discontinued. For other trips to Myanmar in Original or Comfort style, please see our Best of Myanmar (TTSM), Myanmar Highlights (TRSH) or Classic Myanmar (TTKA) trips.
- Start and finish your explorations of Myanmar in incredible Yangon, rapidly developing but still packed with beautiful pagodas, astounding giant Buddhas and countless historical sites.
- There are plenty of opportunities to get in touch with the people and culture in your ample free time. Try our Urban Adventures in Yangon, Bagan or Mandalay for river tours, exploring after dark, local food and community visits.
- Tour the ancient city of Bagan by bicycle or float high above the spectacle of stupas in a hot air balloon. There are multiple magical ways to see this astonishing site and it's thousands of temples and pagodas.
- Spend a full day waking through the hills and villages of Kalaw, getting up-close and personal with the culture of rural Myanmar.
- Get lost in the floating markets of Inle Lake and encounter the many varied ethnic groups who call this place home - a quintessential Myanmar experience.
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust