Myanmar & Thailand: Hike, Bike & Kayak
Venture via Yangon to the remote hills of Loikaw, your jumping-off point to the traditional villages and age-old cultures of a Myanmar less seen. Hike to the dramatic mountain-top location of Pan Pet and meet the charismatic and colourfully dressed Kayan people. Journey on foot from Kalaw to Inle Lake, through villages where the handmade and homespun still reign supreme. Then switch to kayak and bike to explore the floating gardens, stilt settlements, and then give your arms a rest and jump on a bike. From the gorgeous village of Kyaingtong, travel through the Golden Triangle and on to Chiang Mai, where a world of Thai treasures await to be explored by bike.
TRIP UPDATES FOR 2019:
Due to a decline in tourism to Myanmar this trip has unfortunately been discontinued for 2019. For other adventures that see the best of Myanmar, or get active in Thailand, check out our Myanmar Highlights (TRSH) or Thailand: Hike, Bike & Kayak (TTXF) trips.
- This active itinerary is the ultimate way to get off the tourist trail. Visit small village communities and discover the Myanmar that many others miss
- From remote Loikaw and picturesque Kengtung to the "rose of the north" Chiang Mai, this is a superb overview of Myanmar and Northern Thailand's beautiful landscapes
- Kayak on Inle lake and see the lake and it's people from a different perspective. Then give your arms a rest and get your legs going as you cycle back around it's perimeter
- Be part of an excellent community-based tourism initiative that educates travellers about traditional villages around Pemsong
- Embark on an awe-inspiring two-day hike from Kalaw to Inle Lake, staying overnight in a local monastery or guesthouse
- Go biking around the Hills of Chiang Mai, and finish up your tour in this adventurous northern city
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust