Morocco: Women's Expedition
Join Intrepid on our very first female-only adventure – an unforgettable expedition to the remote and less-travelled reaches of Morocco. Begin in Marrakech, where the wow-factor of the Maghreb comes in many forms, notably the spectacular Djemaa el-Fna town square. Then it’s off to the other Morocco, the one they don’t tell you about in the guidebooks. Break bread with Berber families in private homes in remote areas, see how an artist co-op is empowering female rug-weavers in small villages, take in the verdant beauty of the far-flung M’goun Valley, and enjoy the singing and dancing of Moroccan women in cultural ceremonies in small villages – far away from the bustle of the big towns. With all the hallmarks of a classic Intrepid adventure – local leadership, private transport, real life experiences – and an added focus on female travel and female empowerment, this is a unique opportunity for women to blaze the trail in an incredible but often conservative country – without compromising on safety.
- Travel off the beaten path in Morocco, reaping the benefits of not only an all-female group and private transport, but also the unique insights offered by a local female leader.
- Visit the residents of a women’s artisan co-op in Talsanant to see how they are taking charge of the economics of their rug-weaving trade.
- Make the most of the opportunity to learn some basic skills at a traditional rug-weaving class.
- Try your hand at preparing your own fresh khobz (flatbread), an essential part of every Moroccan breakfast.
- Learn the traditional way of preparing couscous under the guidance of those who do it best.
- The gorgeous M’goun Valley is a dream to explore on foot. Take in unforgettable panoramas, visit a local village and enjoy Berber hospitality.
- While you’ll get to hear Berber music throughout this trip, you’ll also get to make the most of a special evening of music and dance led by women in a rural village.
- Step into a traditional outfit and have your make-up done for you using henna and khol before enjoying one final group dinner.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust