Mexico City: Day of the Dead Comfort
Join in the celebrations of one of the world's most bizarre cultural institutions – Mexico's Day of the Dead – on this special festival-themed trip running over the Halloween period. Visit the museums of Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera and learn all about their fascination with death. Wander about the sacred indigenous site of Tepoztlan, attend a traditional Day of the Dead ceremony in Mixquic and see elaborate altars dedicated to the deceased. This fun-filled festival trip will leave you with a much enhanced appreciation for the Mexican way of life – and for the dead!
- Visit the Frida Kahlo Museum in delightful Coyoacan
- Fiesta the night away at a vibrant street party
- Witness Day of the Dead ceremonies in Mixquic
- Help to create a traditional Day of the Dead altar
- Explore the historic town of Tepoztlan
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust