Mergui Archipelago Sailing Adventure departing from Khao Lak
Departing from Khao Lak, discover Burma on an Intrepid sailing adventure and dive into an aquatic playground that is truly one of the world’s best-kept secrets. While the backpackers, honeymooners and day-spa crowds have swarmed to the beaches of Thailand and Bali, Burma's remote Mergui Archipelago has remained almost frozen in time since the days of the early colonial explorers. Difficult to reach and well-off the tourist trails, sailing through these islands offers the chance to glimpse back to a time before the internet, phones, convenience stores and even denim existed, and experience the traditional clothing, local foods and martial arts of Burma's virtually untouched island cultures. Be surprised by the wealth of pristine coastline, jungled forests and historical sights that span back to the Stone Age, and by the generous locals, who carry smiles that will warm travellers just as much as the ever-present sunshine. Perhaps a little sleepy from their solitude, these are the faces that will no doubt spark a tourist boom in these quiet islands – so get in quick before the crowds arrive.
This trip was previously called: Myanmar (Burma) Sailing Adventure ex Phuket
- Explore the beautiful unspoilt Mergui Archipelago, meeting local wildlife, local fisherman, and the nomadic seafaring community of the Moken along the way
- Disconnect from the modern digital world and find a different kind of buzz on an incredibly relaxing journey through the islands of Myanmar
- Sit back and soak up some of the best beaches in the world, and enjoy a BBQ on a secluded stretch of sand with fish caught fresh that day
- Anchor in the calm waters surrounding local islands, where you can kayak, paddleboard and snorkel among stunning marine life
- Embrace the sea-faring life with hammocks on deck, spectacular sunsets, and nights spent out beneath the stars
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust