Off the coast of East Africa lies a magical island of spectacular mountains, lush rainforests and unique wildlife – a trekker's dream. From Antananarivo to Ifaty, encounter beautiful national parks, mythical volcanic lakes, hidden waterfalls, lizards, lemurs, unique Malagasy palms and bizarre boabs. Friendly Bara and Betsileo folk greet you as you hike via small villages, and many modes of transport, from pousse-pousse to bicycle to dugout canoe, allow you to experience this French-flavoured slice of paradise from several different angles.
- Lush eucalypt forest, volcanic lakes, mountainous 'moon' trails and bizarre boabs make this a winning destination for active types
- This trip is so much more than a trekking adventure. Explore Antsirabe by pousse-pousse (rickshaw), take to the countryside by bicycle, and cruise the Matsiatra River on a full-day canoe adventure
- Take in scenes of local life along the way, with many chances to interact with ethnic minorities such as the Betsileo and the Bara
- Enjoy flexibility, with many chances to rest your legs or opt for further activities: a Malagasy artisan workshop, a trek to a hidden swimming hole, or a visit to the Swiss-designed Antsokay Arboretum
- See how many species of lemur you can spot in Isalo and Andringitra national parks – there are some 33 different types
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown