Kimberley Trail Broome to Darwin
Experience the beautiful rugged Kimberley on this true Australian adventure from Broome to Darwin. Uncover some of the country’s most incredible, untouched territory on an all-terrain journey down the Gibb River Road, taking in hidden caves and indigenous history at Tunnel Creek, the unbelievably picturesque oases of the Bell, Galvans, Adcock gorges, and the vast waterfalls of the Mitchell Plateau. Soak up the idyllic isolation of remote stations like El Questro and head out to discover secret palm-shaded waterholes. Squeeze through the narrow rock passages of the striped Bungle Bungles, sail across the vast waters of Lake Argyle, and learn the customs of the traditional land-owners while cruising through the gorges of Nitmiluk. Come face-to-face with vast horizons and immense wilderness with this unforgettable taste of Australia at its most untamed.
- Tunnell Creek has a rich Aboriginal and bushranger history. Walk through the underground passage, learning about the culture and traditions of the first Australians
- Discover a hidden highlight of the West Kimberley with a stop in the idyllic retreat of Bell Gorge
- Test the 4WD as you take on the rugged terrain of the Mitchell Plateau. This extraordinary area is home to the huge, four-tiered Mitchell Falls – a stunning testament to the power and scale of nature
- Enjoy plenty of time to discover the untamed natural beauty of El Questro Station. Paddle around in waterfalls, hike through gorges and access remote parts of this huge park on adventurous 4WD expeditions
- The red domes of the Bungle Bungle Ranges in Purnululu National Park form one of the most iconic Australian landscapes in existence. You'll have two whole days to explore the gorges and valleys of the park, not to mention soak up a few fiery sunsets
- Climb aboard a Nitnit Dreaming Cultural Cruise through the inspiring natural wonder of the Nitmiluk Gorge – made up of 13 different chasms carved by the Katherine River – and acquire an understanding of Jawoyn customs
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust