Kilimanjaro: Rongai Route
See Africa from a different perspective – from the peaks of Mt Kilimanjaro. Approach the striking mountain from the north for the opportunity to see mountainside animals – monkeys and even the occasional elephant inhabits these parts, so keep your eyes peeled. Traverse through rich forests along the north-eastern side, then embark on a trek to the summit. Discover an enticing array of wildlife and gorgeous scenery along the way and be rewarded by incredible views from Uhuru Peak.
- Stay in one of Northern Tanzania's most historic buildings and explore the lush tropical surrounds of Mangaru
- Travelling with experienced guides and porters, you'll be in good hands, with one guide for every two passengers
- Hike through the dense greenery of Mt Kilimanjaro’s foothills, spotting native creatures and wildflowers along the way
- Witness the stark beauty of Mawenzi as the cirque of this stunning 5,149-metre peak towers above you
- Hike Kilimanjaro's climactic last stretch by lamplight, reaching Africa’s highest point
- Experience the incredible African sunrise from Mt Kilimanjaro – the ultimate reward for conquering Africa's premier peak
- We are an official partner of IMEC’s Kilimanjaro Porters Assistance Project (KPAP). This means all of our climbs have been assessed and scored based on a number of criteria, all of which are designed to ensure the proper treatment of porters on the Mountain. Read more here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/theme/walking/kilimanjaro-trek
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust