Kilimanjaro: Machame Route
Trek the amazing Machame Route to the summit of Mt Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest point. At high altitude, it's a challenging journey through uniquely varied terrain. Camp out at night and enjoy incredible scenery along the way. Then at the very top of Uhuru Peak, rising 5,896m above sea level, feel the exhilaration of achievement and marvel at the incredible views.
- Size up mighty Mt Kilimanjaro from the lush tropical surrounds Marangu
- Travel with a group of experienced guides and porters with 1 guide for every 2 passengers
- Spy hiding monkeys and colourful bird species flitting through the rainforest
- Spend a night camped out on the Shira plateau
- Marvel at the Hiem, Kersten and Rebmann glaciers
- Catch a dazzling sunrise from Stella Point on your way to summit Africa's highest mountain peak
- We are an official partner of IMEC’s Kilimanjaro Porters Assistance Project (KPAP). This means all of our climbs have been assessed and scored based on a number of criteria, all of which are designed to ensure the proper treatment of porters on the Mountain. Read more here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/theme/walking/kilimanjaro-trek
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust