Jordan, Israel & the Palestinian Territories Real Food Adventure
Discover the classic dishes and delectable delights of Israel and the Palestinian Territories on this Real Food Adventure. Savour shakshuka in Tel Aviv, learn the tricks of tahini from the Samaritans of Nablus, break bread with Druze folk in Buq’ata and sample mouth-watering knafeh. In between these delicious diversions, float on the Dead Sea, drink wine in the Negev desert and see the holy sights of Jerusalem. Jordan has a way of hiding more than ancient tombs and forgotten landscapes. For centuries, this jewel of the Levant has been a magnet for swaying influences and cultures – granting new flavours as these outsiders come and go. Phenomenally, the land itself helps its inhabitants cook and prepare meals. The sweeping deserts of Wadi Rum offer themselves to roast Bedouin feasts underground, the Dead Sea grants its salt as a world-class garnish and the country’s climate has allowed olives to grow and thrive for over 6,000 years. Brimming with charismatic cuisine and rich history, this is an epicurean odyssey to remember.
- Feast on classic dishes in Israel’s legendary local eateries, from shakshouka to a beloved hummus institution in the Old City of Jerusalem
- In remarkable Petra, Jordan's 'Rose City', sit down with locals for a hearty serving of mansaf, delicious lamb with fermented, dried yoghurt sauce.
- Take a dip in the famously salty Dead Sea
- Trip through the legendary Zichron Yachov wine region and stop for a picnic in the vineyards
- Learn some age-old kitchen secrets cooking up a storm with Druze villagers in Golan Heights and Palestinian slow-food experts in Nablus
- Enjoy a full-day tour of Jerusalem, visiting the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and the excellent Mahaneh Yehuda food market
- Uncover secret traditions and flavours with a Jordanian shepherd over breakfast. Drink fire-warmed sheep’s milk, then scoop bread into a pot of rich Galayah Bandoora.
- Savour the smells and tastes of a freshly prepared Bedouin zarb – slow roasted vegetables and juicy spiced meats cooked to perfection in an underground barbecue.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust