Italian Odyssey Real Food Adventure
Italians are the masters of creating simple dishes that sing with flavour. Regional, seasonal and as fresh as possible, Italy’s cuisine is hearty, satisfying and made with heart. Inspired by the kitchens of the nonna. On this trip you get the best of the North & South. Discover why the southern Italian regions of Abruzzo, Puglia, Basilicata and Campania are the newest foodie hot spots everyone's raving about. Dine on a converted fishing platform on the Adriatic Sea, savour Apulian classics in a fortified farmhouse and sample burrata cheese. Italy’s food is authentic and surprising – pizza and pasta are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the diverse array of unforgettable food you’ll find on this adventure that travels from Venice to Sorrento.
- Italy is a foodie's paradise, but as a visitor it can be hard to escape the tourist traps. Your local leaders will give you an insider's guide to this epicurean wonderland
- This trip takes in some of the titans of regional Italian cuisine – Rome (Lazio region), Tuscany, Emilia Romagna, Puglia and the Veneto
- Tasting the real balsamic vinegar in an attic acetaia is a revelation – it'll be hard to go back to the mass-produced version after this
- A farmstay in Tuscany gives you an insider's glimpse of wine and olive production in this iconic region
- With hands-on cooking classes led by local masters, you'll learn to roll pasta like a pro, and prepare an authentic tagliatelle al ragu in the city where it all started
- Visit the gorgeous town of Alberobello which has been named a UNESCO World Heritage site for its unusual districts of trulli, the characteristic white-washed conical-roofed houses of the area
- Experience an unforgettable dinner by the Adriatic Sea while on a traditional trabocco fishing platform in Fossacesia
- Pack your own picnic at a prized Apulian bakery
- Lose yourself in the ancient city of Matera, which sits dramatically on the edge of the Gravina gorge
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust