India: Women's Expedition
Join us on our first female-only, female-led expedition through the deserts, bazaars and forts of Rajasthan. Travel by in the female-only carriage of the Delhi Metro to explore coloruful Old Delhi before spending a night dancing under the stars on a desert safari. Learn about the struggles of underprivileged women from cities and villages, many of whom are dealing with the cultural challenges of being divorced or widowed. Listen to inspirational stories of acid attack survivors and how they are facing the world in the most beautiful ways. You’ll also have the chance to take part in Gangaur Festival, a women’s-only celebration where local women will invite you into their homes and their lives.
- In the charming rural town of Nimaj, celebrate Gangaur Festival, a female-only festival celebrated in Rajasthan with post-fast feasting and traditional arts and crafts. Join the local women for Rangoli making, henna painting and a dance show.
- Take a jeep safari into the Thar Desert where you'll enjoy an exclusive Kalbeliya dance performed by local women at our desert camp. After the performance enjoy some quality one on one time with the dancers while the gentlemen prepare dinner.
- Savour a home cooked meal at the family home of one of our amazing Delhi female staff members. Get to know her family, your leader, and each other over delicious home cooked food.
- Visit a local woman's home and select a stunning saree and complimentary accessories to wear on your visit to the Taj Mahal, one of the most beautiful buildings in the world inspired by the extraordinary love of an exceptional woman.
- Support a cafe run solely by female acid attack survivors and hear the heart breaking, yet overwhelmingly inspirational stories of perseverance and strength.
- Visit Sambhali Boutique, an outlet for clothes, accessories and handicraft items produced by the women in the Sambhali Graduates’ Sewing Centre which focuses on the development and empowerment of women and girls in Rajasthan, many of whom have come from abusive marriages or difficult family situations.
- See the highlights of Jaipur on an environment friendly e-rickshaw ride while getting to know your female driver. The Pink City Rickshaw Company is a not for profit organisation that provides new employment opportunities and economic independence to women from low income households in Jaipur.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust