Highlights of Thailand & Cambodia
This Thailand and Cambodia trip is jam-packed with experiences and destinations that venture beyond where others go. Thailand's stunning beauty and charismatic culture are ever-present, and its iconic images – spicy delicacies, majestic elephants, golden Buddhas, colourful hilltribe villages, fantastic shopping and exotic hideaways – are all ready for you to experience. Witness traditional hilltribe life in a H'mong village, support the rehabilitation of the endangered Asian elephant, step back in time in the ancient kingdom of Sukhothai and try your hand at creating some gastronomic delights. Cross the border and combine the magnificence of the Khmer Empire with lively Phnom Penh for the perfect way to get acquainted with the captivating nation of Cambodia. Witness the grandeur of ancient Angkor Wat, see the enigmatic faces of the Bayon, confront the tragedy of the recent past and delight in the hopes for the future. This is your chance to capture the adventure and essence of timeless Thailand and classic Cambodian.
- Whip up a culinary storm and taste delicious local dishes in a Thai cooking class in Chiang Mai
- Travel like the locals do on an overnight sleeper train, the best way to travel long distances, meet locals and maximise time at destinations
- Immerse yourself in the wonders of an ancient tribal culture with a night in the Hmong Lodge, treated to a BBQ dinner and Hmong Cultural show
- Make some new pachyderm pals at the unique Friends of the Asia Elephants Hospital and learn about the great work they do to protect these magnificent creatures
- Uncover the ancient charms of Sukhothai as you leisurely cycle around the ruin-filled Historical Park, and feel your own cheerfulness increasing in the city named ‘Rising Happiness’
- Pay your respect at the memorials by the infamous ‘Bridge over the River Kwai’ – learn about its dark history and the construction of the death railway in Kanchanaburi during the war
- Discover the contrasting sides to Cambodia’s history at Phnom Penh’s Tuoi Sieng Genocide Museum (S21) and Choeung Ek, and the city’s Royal palace and Silver Pagoda
- Dine at the Friends restaurant to taste delicious local food and support an organisation that helps vulnerable local children
- Uncover the incredible structures and history of Angkor Wat on a fully guided tour
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust