Ghana, Togo & Benin
This remarkable trip through Ghana, Togo and Benin boasts all of the best bits of these three diverse and fascinating West African countries. From the butterfly sanctuary of Mount Klouto to the ancient voodoo culture of Ouidah and the unbelievable two-storey mud huts of the Tammari people, there’s no shortage of authentic West African sights on this jaunt. Journeying from Ghana by truck and bush camping along the way presents bucketloads of opportunities to really appreciate the stunning landscapes and diverse scenery of this part of the continent. Wildlife lovers will be thrilled at the chance to witness elephants, hippos, buffalos and some of the last populations of West African lions in Pendjari National Park, while chill-seekers will get their kicks lazing on the lovely beaches of Grand Popo. This comprehensive 21-day adventure showcases these three wonderful countries and offers an unrivalled way to experience a healthy slice of West African life.
- Watch street musicians and acrobats in Accra
- Visit Lake Volta, the largest man-made lake in the world
- Explore the dense forest around Mount Klouto
- Discover the incredible two-storey mud huts of the Tammari people
- Witness some of the last populations of West African lions
- Travel across Lake Togo on a pirogue dugout canoe trip
- Meet local fisherman on Benin’s Grand Popo beaches
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust