Freetown to Accra
Encounter mountains, beaches and mud roads on this epic West African adventure. Begin the adventure in historic Freetown then get off the beaten track in Sierra Leone, fall in love with cheeky primates and be surrounded by dense rainforest on Tiwai Island. Journey on to Guinea and explore mountainous forested regions, incredible scenery, lush forests and fascinating villages. Cross the border into Cote d'Ivoire and appreciate colonial architecture in the old French capital Grand Bassam and stop in at bizarre Yamoussoukro. Travel along Ghana's stunning Atlantic coast to the beaches of Elmina and walk among tree canopies in Kakum National Park before ending the adventure in buzzing Accra. This challenging adventure showcases the best of West Africa.
- Explore the historic Elmina Castle
- Relax and unwind on Ghana's stunning Brenu Beach
- Visit Kumasi, capital of the Ashanti culture
- Visit the stunning jungles of Kakum National Park
- Get to know the forested region of Guinea on foot
- Nature walk through the Tiwai Island Sanctuary
- Discover Freetown's history as a centre for freed slaves
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust