Fall Colours of New England USA
Hugging the continent’s rugged, spectacular north-eastern coast, New England calls to those who want to get close to America’s natural wonders. Pack the hiking shoes and a sense of adventure for a walk through sweeping forests and up soaring peaks. From Boston, travel through the ‘The Green Mountain State’ of Vermont, stocking up on tasty local produce on the way. Walk atop Presidents in New Hampshire’s White Mountain National Forest, then skirt the windy peninsulas and craggy shores of Maine’s Mid-Coast to unique Acadia National Park. A New England autumn offers one of the country’s most incredible natural sights: the changing colours of the trees sweeps northward, bringing blazing oranges, reds and yellow to create a awe-inspiring fiery landscape. The trails of New England await on this memorable hiking holiday.
- Get your boots on for the best way to explore one of America’s most beautiful regions. Walk the highlight hikes of New England, with the reward of a comfortable night’s sleep at the end of the day
- Discover the varied forests and mountains of three states – Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine – in the same time it would take for a through-hike
- Taste local cheese, see how maple syrup gets made, and of course you can't visit Vermont without dropping in to Ben & Jerry's factory
- Get a taste of the famous Appalachian Trail in the heart of New Hampshire's White Mountains.
- After mountain trails, finish the trip with a walk along Boston's historic Freedom Trail. Travel through centuries of American history on a trail that tells the story of the Revolutionary War and introduces you to the US’s ‘walking city’
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust