Delhi to Kathmandu
Travel from India to Nepal on an overland trip from Delhi to Kathmandu. From reminders of the Mughal dynasty in northern India to the snow-capped Himalayas of Nepal, this trip will truly inspire. Witness the colour and contrast between the bazaars of Delhi, the jungle in Orchha and the sacred Ganges. Be awed by the Taj Mahal and see sunrise over the holy city of Varanasi. Come face-to-face with pilgrims, villagers, holy men and generations of shopkeepers. For those wanting to travel by land between these two very different neighbours, this is the perfect journey.
- Travel on foot and by cycle rickshaw to the heart of Old Delhi, where ancient temples stand against billboards advertising Bollywood blockbusters.
- Bigger and more beautiful than any photo can capture, the Taj Mahal is a triumph of Mughal architecture that promises to inspire even the weariest travellers.
- Learn to whip up some central Indian staples during a cooking demonstration at home with our friends in Orchha, the perfect opportunity to experience an authentic slice of Indian family life.
- Learn about the Hindu, Sikh and Buddhist religions as you're immersed in the culture, sights and smells of India and Nepal.
- Spend an evening ‘glamping’ in a cool and comfortable permanent tented camp in Orchha, a peaceful contrast to the chaotic overnight train.
- See pilgrims praying and bathing along the ghats of the sacred Ganges River during an unforgettable sunrise cruise in Varanasi, one of India's holiest cities.
- Rise in the cool half-light of dawn and watch the sunrise while you glide over the River Ganges on a small riverboat.
- Join pilgrims during a visit to the birthplace of Gautama Buddha, where evidence of a shrine dated before 550 BC was uncovered in 2013.
- Stay in a lodge and wake to the calls of the jungle in Chitwan National Park, then embark on a jeep or canoe safari (season depending) in search of rhino, deer, monkeys and a wide array of bird life.
- From flamboyant, hidden temples and colourful prayer flags to rich cultural heritage and delicious cuisine, you'll soon discover that Kathmandu is so much more than just a stopover town.
- See more of what to expect on your Delhi to Kathmandu trip here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/india-nepal-group-trip/
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust