Dakar to Freetown
Discover rarely visited gems on this West Africa overland trip from Dakar to Freetown. Very much off the beaten track, this is a fairly physically demanding tour that involves a lot of camping, hiking and trekking – though the bulk of it is undertaken in a comfortable overland truck. This is grassroots travelling at its very best, where you can really get involved in the communities and local people you meet along the way. Whether appreciating the breadth of stunning birdlife or relaxing on the many serene beaches along the coast, West Africa is the ideal destination for travellers wanting a different travel experience.
TRIP CHANGES 2018:
• 1 night taken out of Yamoussoukro and an extra night added in Grand Bassam
- Glide through Senegal's Sine-Saloum Delta on a pirogue trip
- Explore the buzzing arts and handicrafts scene of Bissau
- Get back to nature in Guinea's Fouta Djallon region
- Relax on a stunning beach in Sierra Leon
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust