Cycle the Baltics
Diverse, richly historic and impossibly photogenic, the Baltic states of Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania have few rivals when it comes to cycling in Europe. This region offers up one fairytale-like scene after the next. Discover a charming cultural tapestry – from the medieval spires of Tallinn and the funky bars of Riga to the Baroque-styled quirks of Vilnius. Throw in some sand dunes, bird-filled forests, glittering lakes and world-class beaches and you might just have the perfect cycling destination.
- Spanning three countries, this itinerary boasts a great diversity of history, culture and landscapes
- With its perfectly preserved medieval wall and watchtowers, Tallinn's quaint Old Town is a fantastic place to explore on foot
- Cycle the famous Route 10, which cuts quite literally across the Baltic Sea, surrounded on both sides by water
- Park the bike and explore incredible coastal spots along the Baltic – notably Jurmala’s 33-kilometre stretch of beautiful white sand beach
- Stay in a quaint farmhouse for a first-hand experience of Estonian country life
- Wander the endless dunes and stunning beaches of Lithuania's Curonian Spit National Park
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust