Cycle Peru with Inca Trail (Machu Picchu & the Sacred Valley)
Travel to Peru and embark on a cycling adventure from the coast to the magical Sacred Valley. Kick things off on the streets of Lima, pedalling through fishermen’s and artists’ hangouts, clocking beautiful views of the Pacific coastline. Fly to Cusco and hit the single-track to explore a veritable treasure trove of Inca archaeological sites. Ride a mountain bike across the lush countryside of the Sacred Valley, a world of colourful Andean communities and phenomenal landscapes shaped by lost civilisations. Swap cycling shoes for hiking boots and walk the legendary Inca Trail. Finish with a tour of mighty Machu Picchu, one of South America’s must-see drawcards.
- Peru's spectacular mountains and valleys are a dream to explore on two wheels. This itinerary combines easy routes with more strenuous paths, allowing a nice mix of sightseeing and adventure
- Begin with a two-wheeled Urban Adventure through the streets of Lima, stopping in artist enclaves and scenic lookouts
- Discover the breadth of Peru's diverse heritage, from the gorgeous Spanish colonial architecture of Lima to the mother of all Inca cities, Machu Picchu
- Tour Cusco both on bicycle and on foot. Check out the San Pedro market, the 12 Angled Stone, Chocolate Museum, and Inca sites such as Sacsayhuaman and Tambomachay
- Spend three days exploring the Sacred Valley on a mountain bike, visiting the Huaypo lagoon and the iconic terraced Moray Agricultural Laboratory
- This trip allows you to choose how you want to approach Machu Picchu. Hike the Inca Trail or Inca Quarry
- You'll have plenty of free time to explore the greatest icon of ancient South America, Machu Picchu. Take a guided tour and then wander around it at your own pace
- Explore Cusco, South America's oldest continuously inhabited city. The city has ancient foundations, an interesting blend of Inca and colonial influences, and endless things to do and see
- The Sacred Valley is known for its steep and soaring scenery, its mystical significance for the Inca and the indigenous cultures that still reside here
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust