Cycle Jordan for Good: A ride with Intrepid's founder
Ride through the deserts, roads and mountains of Jordan to experience ever-changing landscapes while changing the world on this fundraising trip
Since Intrepid Travel’s humble beginnings in 1989, Geoff Manchester has helped lead the company’s purpose initiatives for decades. Now he wants to lead you on the cycling trip of a lifetime through the best that Jordan has to offer. Limited spots are available for this discounted trip, so travellers must commit to raising AU $2,000 for The Intrepid Foundation to secure their place.
From the shores of the Dead Sea to the top of the ‘Rose City’ of Petra, Jordan is a country as rich in surreal landscapes as it is in archaeological fame. Take a ride through ancient history as you wander the perfectly preserved ruins of Jerash and experience the ridge of Mount Nebo, which promises views of Bethlehem and Jerusalem on a clear day. Between vibrant sands and prehistoric rock formations, it’s no surprise Wadi Rum evokes comparisons to Mars. The views may be extraterrestrial, but raising money for an important cause before you go will keep you grounded.
- Enjoy a breath-taking ride with purpose alongside one of Intrepid Travel’s founders, Geoff Manchester. The trip price is discounted, the experience certainly isn’t.
- Give back to communities around the world before departure by fundraising for The Intrepid Foundation: the not-for-profit arm of Intrepid Travel.
- Spend a whole day uncovering the majesty and mystery of the world wonder of Petra. The first glimpse of the Treasury from the narrow path of the Siq is simply unforgettable.
- Experience the best weightlessness this side of outer space with an effortless float in the Dead Sea’s super-salty waters.
- Hop in a jeep and experience the extraordinary desert scenery of Wadi Rum: a rugged moonscape of huge sandstone mountains
- Meet Bedouin locals, learn about their ways, and sleep under the stars in a far-flung desert camp.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust