The enchanting northern province of Rajasthan is awash with all the colours of India. On our cycling adventure we see all sides of this fascinating state. Cycling means that everything is slower and up close in India. Interact with the wonderful local population of small towns, drink chai under a roadside tree with friendly locals. From the opulence and splendour of Maharajahs' palaces to Holy Lakes and the beauty of the Taj Mahal this cycling adventure has it all. Beyond the crowded sights of northern India lies another world, one where the rhythms of daily life are that bit slower and the surroundings that bit greener - a place that lends itself to leisurely exploration by bike. Take the adventure to the next level in the blissful state of Kerala, on roads that are sandwiched between the lush forests of the Western Ghats and the golden sands of the Arabian Sea. Ride through incredible countryside with the chance to swap bike for boat and enjoy a Keralan Backwaters cruise. Explore towns where Portuguese and French influences sit alongside Hindu and Muslim monuments. In this spiritual place, the bike is a place of active meditation, a place to let the brain relax and refresh while roads are navigated and gorgeous surroundings are absorbed. The rewards of hot days in the saddle lie in beautiful beaches, the welcoming waters of the Arabian Sea and the taste of fresh coconut.
- Take the road less travelled as you cycle through the rural villages and majestic countryside of Rajasthan
- Discover the rich history and architecture of Amber Fort, just outside of Jaipur, with the expertise of a local guide
- Search for wildlife in the jungle of Ranthambhore National Park, the best place to see wild tigers in Rajasthan
- Relive the legacy of the Rajput warriors by spending a night in a 400-year-old fort, which is now a family-run hotel surrounded by mango orchards
- Marvel at the Taj Mahal, one of the most recognisable buildings in the world with the power to surprise even the most jaded traveller
- Cycle to the idyllic backwaters of Kerala, where children often learn to row boats before they ride a bike.
- Experience a unique way of life on the water by spending time on a Keralan houseboat
- Explore Kochi, a fascinating blend of Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch and English influences, and witness the peak of local culture in an incredible Kathakali dance performance
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust