Cycle Cape Town and Winelands
A ride in South Africa is more than a bit of exercise. It’s a ride through a long and troubled history and into a bright future, through the ever-changing terrain of cityscapes, towering mountains, heritage vineyards, nature reserves, and along winding coastal roads that look across fierce cliffs. From Cape Town, head into the country's famous winelands and savour scenic passes and local wines on the way to historic Stellenbosch. Cross nature reserves and twist through the Langeberg mountain range down to the continent’s southernmost point. Squeeze between mountain peaks, look out for whales in Hermanus, hug the edges of the Kogelberg Nature Reserve, then explore the tracks of Cape Peninsula. Return to Cape Town with memories of a lifetime.
- Cycle in the shadow of the majestic Table Mountain, with the blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean a constant companion by your side
- Swap water bottles for wine bottles at the famous vineyards of Stellenbosch and beyond, refuelling with South African delicacies
- Encounter the ‘real South Africa’ while cycling across the rural landscape dotted with small historic homesteads and towns
- Get to know the two finest mountain passes in South Africa on two wheels, then be rewarded with thrilling freewheel downhill rides
- Stand on Cape L'Agulhas – the southernmost point in Africa, where the Indian and Atlantic Oceans meet, and enjoy unobstructed views towards Antarctica
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust