China Highlights - Great Wall Marathon
Step your running goals up a notch with this incredible, yet challenging, marathon course along the Great Wall of China (Full, Half or 10km). Warm up in Beijing before heading to the Great Wall for the big run - the only Chinese-supported marathon in the country. This ain’t your average track; runners will navigate rough paths, sloping trails and narrow steps, so you’ll need to be fit and alert. That said, runners have the option to sign up for a full, half and ten-kilometre course, so there's something for most fitness levels. Recover with a week of travel around Northern China, taking in the Forbidden City, Tian’anmen Square, Xi’an’s famous Terracotta Warriors and stylish Shanghai. On your marks, get set, GO!
- Spend a night in a family-run guesthouse in the countryside near the Great Wall
- Participate in a marathon run along the greatest wall in the world. (Full/Half or 10km)
- Like everything it does, China’s ancient history is on an epic scale – see it when face-to-face with thousands of Terracotta Warriors (or thousands of local tourists at the Forbidden City!)
- Feel the might of China’s imperial power while exploring Beijing's Forbidden City, filled with palaces, gardens and seemingly never-ending grand courtyards.
- Enjoy a bike ride around the ancient city walls of Silk-Road era Xi'an
- Indulge yourself with a traditional reflexology foot massage - you've earned it!
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust