China: Hike, Bike, Kayak & Kung-Fu
This comprehensive active adventure takes you from the iconic Great Wall to the natural splendour of southern China. Spend three days hiking thethe world's most well-known wall, including time spent traversing an original, unrestored section. Trek this iconic path and take in jaw-dropping views, often without another traveller in sight! Them admire the majestic beauty of the Longji Rice Terraces, appreciate limestone hills dotted with rice paddies in Yangshuo, discover the abandoned fortresses and towers of Kaiping and hit the beach in Hong Kong.
- Hike along unrestored sections of the Great Wall, with magnificent views of the Wall winding along mountain ridges, maybe even all to ourselves!
- Glimpse how country life is evolving near Beijing with a bike ride through nearby villages and orchards.
- Pedal to the Ming tombs to learn the myths and legends of the Ming dynasty emperors laid to rest here.
- Maximise time spend on the Great Wall by staying at family-run local guesthouses nearby our hikes where we can sit down to delicious home-cooked meals after long days of trekking.
- Find your Zen while learning kung fu from a local master. Learn the basic principles and common misconceptions of the martial art while being guided through moves and practices.
- A scenic bike ride through Kaiping revels the history and culture hidden in its many abandoned Diaolou (fortified fortress)
- Spend time hiking the beautiful, rice terrace-carved landscape of Longji and visiting hilltribe communities that call this lovely pocket of China home
- Sit back in Yangshuo and relax amongst the dramatic karst-dotted countryside that has been immortalised in countless traditional Chinese paintings
- Cycle through the tranquil countryside, past villages and rice paddies, for a true insight into local country life.
- Gain an insight into an important element of Chinese culture with a visit to a local tea farm in Yangshuo. Learn a few things about tea picking and perhaps sample a cuppa
- Discover the wild side of Hong Kong by kayak. Paddle through giant arches and to uninhabited islands and untouched beaches for some sun and beach time
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust