Cayenne to Boa Vista
Whether you’re a wildlife photographer, twitcher, all-round nature enthusiast or simply an adventurer looking to delve into the Amazon Rainforest, this is a journey not to be missed. A trio of tiny countries on the North coast of Brazil – Suriname, French Guiana, and Guyana – are awash with natural wonders and largely unspoiled. Explore laidback Georgetown and Paramaribo on foot, visit the space station in French Guiana, take a boat cruise around the famed islands of Papillion, and penetrate the dense wilderness of the Amazon in search of pink dolphins. A winning combination of beach, jungle and wildlife is only bolstered by a relative lack of tourists, so if you’re looking for destinations that are all the more incredible for being “not so hot” – look no further.
- Visit the exotically located Guiana Space Centre, the massive spaceport where France dreams of Europe being a world space power
- Take a boat trip to the infamous Iles du Salut (Devil’s Islands) to explore the local history, snap photos of native wildlife and even take a swim in the convict’s swimming pool
- Escape to a private island in Upper Suriname on an exclusive two-day rainforest retreat, surrounded by the buzz and twitter of the Amazon Jungle
- Guided walks get you closer to the heart of destinations, from the colourful backstreets of Cayenne to the suspended canopy bridges of the Iwikrama Forest
- With a village eco-camp your base, take your time exploring the diverse Rupunini Savannah, with some hiking, biking or canoeing among some 9,000 species of wildlife
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust