Canadian Rockies & Northern Lights
Go in search of the elusive northern lights in the night skies of Alberta. Watch for moose, white-tailed deer and elk as you drive through pristine Canadian wilderness. Admire stunning curtains of ice along a steel catwalk built into the rock walls of Johnston Canyon. Meet and greet your team of canines before ticking dogsledding off your bucket list of wintertime activities. Or just wrap your hands around a mug of hot chocolate and lose yourself in the grandeur of the Rockies. Packed with eye-popping views of snow-capped mountain ranges and frozen wonderlands, this is the ultimate Great White North escape.
- Navigate the frozen waterfalls, ice caves and imposing ice formations of Maligne Canyon on a guided exploration of the deepest accessible canyon in Jasper National Park.
- Peace River is located in Northern Alberta and is a prime location for Aurora viewing. Little light pollution, flat landscape and generally clear winter skies allow for ideal Northern Lights viewing conditions.
- The world-renowned drive from Jasper to Banff on the Icefields Parkway is astonishing. Even better when you don’t have to do the driving.
- Join an included sleigh ride around stunning Lake Louise, a bucket-list Canadian experience in Banff National Park.
- Meet your canine crew in Canmore before setting out on an unforgettable dog sledding experience.
- Take a backcountry snowshoe hike in the mountains above Banff that includes a unique picnic of cookies and hot chocolate in the snow.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust