Bishkek to Ashgabat Overland
Strategically positioned along the Silk Route, the cities of Samarkand, Bukhara and Khiva were famed trading centres for the caravans that passed this way in ancient times. On this Overland trip we follow in their footsteps, discovering magnificent architecture and bustling bazaars that have changed little since the rule of Tamerlane. We'll stay with nomads in the Turkmenistan’s desert, explore the imposing Oxus Valley, tour the wonders of Samarkand and head into the markets of Ashgabat to practice our bargaining skills.
- Pick up souvenirs in the bazaars of Tashkent
- Experience the romance of the Silk Road in Samarkand
- Spend a memorable night sleeping in a yurt
- Walk through Bukhara's historic Old Town
- Gaze up at the ancient walls surrounding Khiva
- Discover the futuristic architecture of Ashgabat
- Learn about Tamerlane’s dynasty
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust