Best of America
Travel east to west to discover the best of America. Learn about the nation’s rich history in Washington DC, head into the heart of cowboy country in Houston, Texas, and soak up some southern hospitality in New Orleans over a big bowl of gumbo. Indulge your love of music (and fried foods) in Memphis, then get out into the great outdoors - from the towering redwoods and soaring granite formations of Yosemite to the red-hued rocks and the desolate salt flats of Death Valley. Head underground to explore the labyrinthine chambers of Carlsbad Cavern and try your luck on the casino floor in Vegas. What makes this one of the best countries in the world? Come and see for yourself.
- North to south and coast to coast, this action-packed adventure plays out like a greatest-hits mixtape of classic Americana – all killer, no filler.
- See it all, from the high-rises of New York, through to the musical mayhem of Nashville and westwards to the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Enjoy a full day to explore Washington DC. There's lots to see and do in the US capital, and most of it is free. Visit the White House, Capitol Hill and the National Mall, and feel small next to the statue of Abraham Lincoln
- The cities of Nashville, Memphis and New Orleans are notorious for their rich music and nightlife scenes. See live performances of blues, jazz, country and rock in celebrated musical venues
- Towering granite cliffs, cascading waterfalls, redwood forests and epic night skies - Yosemite National Park feels like utopia. While other tour groups breeze through in a day, you'll spend two nights in the park, allowing for a full day of hiking and exploring
- For many, Death Valley conjures up images of a flat and barren wasteland. Be surprised by the park's ethereal landscapes of sand dunes, water-sculpted canyons, extinct volcanic craters and, in the spring, fields of wildflowers
- The iconic sandstone formations of Monument Valley have played backdrop to many a cowboy western. Learn about Navajo culture and history during a jeep tour of the park, before spending a unique night in a traditional hogan hut
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust