Best of Alaska
Prepare to discover the captivating beauty of Alaska on this 12-day journey through its icy heart. From Anchorage to Homer, through forests, around mountain ranges and down to the spectacular coast. Explore the unspoilt woodlands of the Denali National Park, wander the bohemian streets of Talkeetna and keep your eyes open for grizzlies, caribou and moose as you head into the largest national park in the US. Kayak past icebergs in Valdez, and experience the quiet, majestic calm of this vast wilderness.
- Alaska is unlike any other place on earth. Drive across frozen plains past massive peaks, walk across remote tundras to glacial rivers and take a boat trip into the spectacular waters of Prince William Sound
- Denali National Park is home to an abundance of native wildlife. Visit the park for a unique chance to see moose, caribou, grizzly bears, Dall sheep and wolves in their natural habitat
- After witnessing the land mammals of Denali, get close to sea otters, puffins and humpback whales on an optional kayak trip among glaciers in Valdez. Look out for bald eagles in the sky above
- Wrangell-St Elias National Park is the world's largest internationally protected area. See North America's biggest collection of glaciers and some of its tallest, most impressive mountains
- Discover Seward, set at the base of Mount Marathon and one of Alaska's oldest and most scenic communities. The city offers a bustling harbour, quaint shops and galleries, and is a great base from which to explore Kenai Fjords National Park
- Enjoy a journey along the dramatic coastlines of the Turnagain Arm from Seward to Anchorage. Sit back and take in stunning views of the Chugach Mountains while someone else does the driving
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust