Barcelona to Venice
Discover European class and grandeur on this journey from Barcelona to Venice. Begin the adventure in Barcelona and wander among one of the largest concentrations of Gothic architecture in Europe. Cruise through France’s canvas-perfect Provence region, stopping to admire Avignon before continuing on to Paris. Taste chocolate and beer in Belgium and Luxembourg, and perhaps learn how to pair the two, discover why Amsterdam captures the hearts of all who visit, and uncover Germany’s fascinating capital – Berlin. Then take the long road through Bohemia as you traverse from Germany to Italy. From historical landmarks and medieval squares to magical hilltop castles and romantic canals, this is an architectural extravaganza not to be missed. Take the long road through Bohemia as you traverse from Germany to Italy. From historical landmarks and medieval squares to magical hilltop castles and romantic canals, this is an architectural extravaganza not to be missed. Wander among medieval Krakow, experience bohemian hospitality in an underground Prague bar and stroll the banks of the sparkling River Danube.
- It's easy to be consumed by the architecture, culture and vibrant nightlife of Barcelona, but the food available for consumption is just as good. Traditional Catalan dishes such as fideua (similar to seafood paella) and botifarra amb mongetes (haricot beans served with sausage) taste a little like heaven. The wine isn't bad either
- The Eiffel Tower and the Louvre are iconic French institutions. Spend plenty of free time in Paris to see the major attractions as well the city's hidden gems
- Brussels is easily explored on foot and also has a great public transport system. Venture to the outskirts of the city and back without losing big chunks of your time
- Amsterdam has been developed with cyclists in mind, so hire a bike and hit the charming streets with the locals (just watch out for those canals)
- Now one of the world's most artistic and exciting cities, Berlin has a complex history. See remaining fragments of the famous wall that once divided the city in half
- Soak up the royal history of Krakow's Wawel Castle and step back in time with a stroll through its medieval main square
- Immerse yourself in the history, architecture and bohemian vibes of the Czech Republic. Soak up the smooth sounds of jazz at a low-lit bar in Prague before stepping right into a fairytale in the World Heritage-listed town of Cesky Krumlov
- Enjoy a scenic walk along the banks of the River Danube in Budapest. Threaded with bridges and hemmed in by castles and historic city buildings, Europe’s second longest river is also one of its most beautiful
- Escape city life on the peaceful shores of Lake Bled in Slovenia. Visit a church on the tiny island in the centre of the lake and treat yourself to a slice of Bled's famous cream cake
- The floating city of Venice is one place you’ll be happy to get lost in. The city's maze of alleyways, canals and lagoon islands lead to over 130 churches, all with their own distinct character
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust