Join Intrepid on an unforgettable adventure to Spitsbergen, an Arctic playground found halfway between mainland Norway and the North Pole. Located within the Svalbard Archipelago, this far-flung destination offers more than just a spectacular assortment of glaciers, cliffs and peaks – also spot wildlife such as bearded seals, walruses, Arctic fox and pink-footed geese. The mighty polar bear, however, is the star the show, and even if one doesn’t appear, the anticipation gives the expedition an exciting edge. With onboard experts providing context and insight, and ample time time to make use of the kayaks and snowshoes provided, Arctic Unveiled is an adventure that will check all the right boxes for any lover of Arctic exploration.
- Soak up the awe-inspiring landscapes of Spitsbergen, from the quirky northernmost city of Longyearbyen to the dazzling marvels of nature like the ‘14th July Glacier’
- Embrace the strange novelty of 24 hours of sunlight, one of many bonus thrills of arctic life
- Comb sheet after sheet of ice in search of the true king of the Arctic – the magnificent polar bear
- Arctic foxes, breaching whales, reclining walruses, and soaring seabirds on the cliffs of Alkefjellet are all a strong chance for sightings
- Experience the island from more than one angle, with kayaks and snowshoes provided for you to use as you please
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust