Accra to Freetown
Encounter mountains, beaches and mud roads on this epic West African adventure. Explore Ghana's buzzing capital Accra, walk among tree canopies in Kakum National Park and travel along the stunning Altantic coast to the beaches of Elmina. Cross the border into Cote d'Ivoire and appreciate colonial architecture in the old French capital Grand Bassam, with its own bevy of beautiful beaches, and stop in at bizarre Yamoussoukro. Journey onto Guinea and explore mountainous forested regions, incredible scenery, lush forests and villages famed for their vine bridges. Get off the beaten track in Sierra Leone, fall in love with cheeky primates and be surrounded by dense rainforest at Tiwai Island Wildlife Sanctuary before ending the adventure in historic Freetown. This challenging adventure showcases the best of West Africa.
- Visit and explore the historic Elmina Castle
- Relax and unwind on the stunning Brenu Beach on Ghana's Gold Coast
- Visit Kumasi, the capital of the Ashanti kingdom and culture
- Visit the stunning jungles of Kakum National Park
- Get to know the forested region of Guinea on foo
- Nature walk through Tiwai Island Wildlife Sanctuary
- Discover how Sierra Leone's capital Freetown became a centre for freed slaves
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust