Quito to Lima Adventure
Hit the heart of Ecuador on this grand old tour south from Quito down to the Peruvian capital. Starting high up in the Andes, here are a few things you’ll see – rainbow indigenous markets, edible guinea pigs, Panama hats, and ponchos. Hot springs, crashing waterfalls, Ecuadorian parties, shrunken heads, and llamas. Avenues of Volcanoes, colonial buildings that’ll make you into architecture, Pisco sours and ceviche. Taking in Quito, Banos, Cuenca, and Lima, this is a volcano-watching, adventure-taking, nature-loving, city-slicking, pisco-drinking South American adventure to remember. Vamos!
Handy Andes Tip: Number one thing to bring? Some Spanish! You’ll enjoy yourself a whole lot more if you can chat with the locals.
- The boffins at UNESCO have perfected the science of picking the world’s best stuff. With its colonial architecture, plazas, churches and colourful local life, there's a reason they've listed Quito's Old Town as a World Heritage site
- There's nothing like munching on a red tomato from an Ecuadorian market, eh? Saunter (yes, saunter) around the Otavalo Markets and find yourself smack bang in the middle of Souvenir City, population: you
- When humans and nature work in perfect harmony you get a place like Cueuna – colonial streets and buildings to wander and El Cajas NP’s stunning lakey landscapes to hike while looking out for llamas
- Get your adrenaline kicks in the party and adventure playground of Banos – or just go for ‘me time’ and plonk yourself in a hot spring
- Head out on a city tour of Lima visiting Miraflores and downtown, and join the Peruvian hipsters in the neighbourhood of Barranco
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust