Pure Galapagos (Daphne)
Few destinations rival the Galapagos for up-close encounters with wildlife, and this adventure focuses on the stars of the show. Enjoy a pure boat trip that’s free of detours, overnight stopovers and passengers joining or leaving throughout. Stay on the boat and venture to the remotest parts of the archipelago – the west coast of Isla Isabela and Isla Fernandina – and see almost all of the wildlife the Galapagos is famous for. Take the chance to swim and snorkel with sea lions and reef sharks off Isla Santa Cruz and Isla Bartolome; spy frigatebirds, boobies and pelicans soaring above North Seymour or Cerro Dragon; and stroll among land iguanas and flightless cormorants on volcanic Punta Espinosa. When it’s all over, why not stay on for a surf, dive, eco-lodge stay, or some ultimate relaxation on sleepy Sunset Beach.
- If there’s one ultimate Galapagos adventure, this is it. Combining off-the-beaten-track gems with iconic sights like the Pinnacle Rock, this trip is a microcosm of the Galapagos
- This unique, stand-alone sailing adventure shares its itinerary with no other Intrepid trip. Enjoy minimal contact with other travellers and boats
- Explore the remote west coast of Isabela on a small Panga boat, and venture to the far-west Fernandino, home of the highest density of marine iguanas
- Beach-lovers will be in heaven. The turtle-dotted Las Bachas is about as idyllic as they come, and the richly coloured sands of Espumilla on your feet feel like nothing else
- Volcanically active, steeped in myth and flanked by gorgeous cliffs, the old pirate haunt of Buccaneer Cove has something for everyone, from birdwatchers to geology enthusiasts to history buffs
- Las Tintoreras is like one big wildlife party. Snorkel among the iguanas and turtles and effortlessly spot sea lions, penguins and frigate birds
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust