Lima to La Paz. With a whole lot of jungly times, Pisco Sour times, Inca Trail times, Machu Picchu times, and Lake Titicaca times in between. Ie, 15 days of epic exploring, drinking, eating. YEAH BOY.
Research doesn’t have to be boring. You should read Marching Powder, written by an Aussie about an English drug traffickers time in the notorious San Pedro prison in La Paz. Then watch The Motorcycle Diaries which traces the road trip that a young Che Guevara and his buddy took through South America in 1952..
- Roam the Amazon jungle at night while pretending you're David Attenborough (it has a calming influence). Float down the river, keeping an out for the glaring eyes of jaguars and caimans
- The floating islands of Uros on Lake Titicaca seem like the sort of thing Pixar would come up with. Spend the night under the stars in a traditional island village
- Whether you trek the classic Inca Trail, the Inca Quarry Trail or take the scenic train route, trust us, this is going to be one of the highlights of your awesome lives
- Don't worry, we won't hog all of your time. You'll have plenty of opportunity to bounce around Cusco, digging deep into the pockets of Incan history
- The Wicked Witch of the West had her flying monkeys and red shoes. The witches of La Paz have dried llama foetuses and alpaca blankets. While both sound imaginary, the Witches' Market in La Paz is a true Bolivian experience
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust