Galapagos Discovery (Daphne)
With almost 1,000 km of water lying between them and the South American mainland, the islands of the Galapagos were able to evolve largely unfettered by the presence of humanity and its ambitions. Read of Charles Darwin’s voyage there in the early nineteenth century and he tells of hawks that would come to perch on his shoulder and sea lions waddling up to inspect him. Today, thankfully, much remains as it was then. So if close encounters with the winged, scaled and finned kind are what you’re after, you really can’t go past this sailing trip through the archipelago’s remote northern islands.
- Learn about the islands’ history at the San Cristobal Interpretation Center
- Wander through Santa Fe’s Opuntia Forest
- Visit the seabird rookeries on Genovesa
- Snorkel among turtles and diamond sting rays off Darwin Beach
- Inspect the unique flora of Bahia Sullivan
- Stroll along Isla Rabida’s rust-coloured sands
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust