Start the good times rolling in Lima before taking to the Amazon for some jungly action. Travel on Cusco for a Pisco Sour before hitting the Inca trail for Machu Picchu. Score the adventure/nature trifecta with a few nights at Lake Titicaca before heading back to Lima for your last fill of delicious treats. Peru = amazeballs.
Amazon animals to avoid: poison dart frogs, piranhas, anacondas, jaguars, vipers, caimans, tarantulas. We could go on but we’re starting to freak ourselves out. Quick, everybody think about sloths. Awwwww.
- Plenty of free time in Lima means you can stuff your face with delish grub all day long. The foodie capital of Peru serves up some especially tasty ceviche. Nom nom nom
- Roam the Amazon jungle at night while pretending you're David Attenborough. Float down the river, keeping an out for the glaring eyes of jaguars and caimans. Jungle laser beams!
- Whether you trek the classic Inca Trail, the Quarry Trail or take the scenic train route, trust us, this is going to be one of the highlights of your awesome lives
- Don't worry, we won't hog all of your time. You'll have plenty of opportunity to bounce around Cusco, digging deep into the pockets of Incan history
- The floating islands of Uros on Lake Titicaca seem like the sort of thing Pixar would come up with. Spend the night under the stars in a traditional island village
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust