Cairo is your kickoff point, check out the Pyramids and Sphinx while you’re in the area. Head on to Aswan for temples, bazaars and camel ride. Next is sailing down the Nile in a Felucca, then Luxor and the Valley of the Kings before you head back to Cairo. Holiday success.
A guy called Khufu was responsible for building the Great Pyramid. It’s 4500 years old, 146m tall and made from 2.3 million blocks weighing around 2.5 tons each. And how did they honour him? With a 9cm tall statue. Bummer.
Before booking on this trip we recommend that you read the ‘Safety’ section in the trip notes regarding special safety considerations for Egypt trips.
- Cities like Cairo can be dizzying, but your local guides are in the know – they'll have you heading straight for the hottest spots
- The Pyramids might be hyped, but when you see them, you'll see what all the fuss is about, all right!
- Set sail on a felucca cruise along the Nile. Back in the day, these wooden boats had zero facilities, but our new pimped-out boat has western-style toilets on board.
- A visit to the incredible Egyptian Museum, home to King Tut's golden mask, is included
- Not only will you visit three tombs in the Valley of the Kings, but you'll get there by riding a camel. How Egyptian can you get?
- Get a taste of Nubian hospitality on your felucca cruise down the Nile. Oh, yeah, and the scenery is all right too...
- Experience the adventure of overnight train travel, one of the most epic ways to wake up in a new and strange place
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust