Kick off in old Bangkok, wind through fun-times Chiang Mai and hoon over the border into Laos where the real adventure begins. River times on the mighty Mekong, lazing in beauty queen Luang Prabang, nature lovin’ in Vang Vieng and finish up in sleepy Vientiane.
You know they’re a welcoming bunch when you cross something called the Friendship Bridge. Take a leaf out of the Laotians book and make a few new friends in this part of the world.
In 2017 the duration of this trip was 12 days
In 2018 the duration of this trip is 13 days
- Laos means laaaid-back. This is one of the most chilled-out countries going around
- Two days of cruising down the Mekong River in a traditional-style boat is one Southeast Asia's classic trips, with more photo-ops than you can shake a bamboo cane at
- Travel just like a local on an overnight train in Thailand. When in Rome...
- The UNESCO-listed city of Luang Prabang is a serious slice of exotica. Between the French villas and the blazing sunsets over the Mekong, you won't know which way to look
- You know those pictures of Laos you always see on the internet, the ones of cascading turquoise pools drenched in gorgeous rays of sun? That's Kuang Si Waterfalls and you get to swim there if you choose
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust