Combine the iconic sights of Beijing with the rural and ethnically-diverse provinces of Yunnan and Guangxi. After seeing the Forbidden City and trekking along the Great Wall, head to southern China for an alluring mix of Himalayan panoramas, colourful minority villages, ancient rice terraces and the spellbinding scenery of the Li River. This tour also includes an overnight trek in Tiger Leaping Gorge - one of the highlights of a visit to Yunnan province.
1. London Heathrow - Beijing: with British Airways.
2. Beijing: arrive and check in. Afternoon tour of the Forbidden City.
3. Beijing: trek the Great Wall from Simatai to Jinshanling Pass.
4. Beijing - Kunming: fly to Kunming. Transfer to your hotel to check in.
5. Kunming - Dali: bus journey to Dali. After checking in explore at leisure.
6. Dali: half day city tour. Afternoon at leisure.
7. Dali - Lijiang: drive to Lijiang, visiting Zhoucheng en route.
8. Lijiang: morning walking tour of Lijiang. Afternoon at leisure.
9. Lijiang - Tiger Leaping Gorge: trek along Tiger Leaping Gorge. Overnight in the gorge.
10. Tiger Leaping Gorge - Lijiang: continue the trek. After lunch drive back to Lijiang to check into your hotel.
11. Lijiang - Guilin: fly to Guilin via Kunming. Transfer to your hotel.
12. Guilin - Yangshuo: cruise to Yangshuo on the Li River. Afternoon free to explore.
13. Yangshuo: Yangshuo cycling tour & cormorant fishing.
14. Yangshuo - Longsheng: drive to the Longsheng Rice Terraces. Later check into your hotel.
15. Longsheng - Guilin - Hong Kong: morning walk around Longsheng. Fly to Hong Kong and connect with your BA flight home.
16. Hong Kong - London Heathrow: morning arrival.
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust