Discover the prized jewels of the archipelago on this tour which includes Java, Kalimantan (Borneo), Komodo Island and Bali to see ancient monuments, rare wildlife, uninhabited islands, volcanoes and a great diversity of cultures. The tour starts in Java, the cradle of many ancient civilizations, to visit the Buddhist monument of Borobudur, the Hindu temples of Prambanan and mystical Mount Bromo for the chance to witness the spectacle of sunrise over a lunar landscape. From Java there is a visit to Kalimantan (Borneo), for a 2 day adventure staying in a comfortable lodge in the Tanjung Puting National Park which is one of the best places to see orangutans in the wild. Another great wildlife experience awaits in Flores, with a 3 day cruise around the Komodo Island National Park to see the famous dragons, and explore many uninhabited islands which offer superb snorkelling. The tour also includes Bali with a few days in the artisan town of Ubud, and some time at the end of the trip to relax in a boutique hotel on the south coast.
1. London Heathrow - Yogyakarta: via Singapore, with Singapore Airlines & Air Asia.
2. Singapore - Yogyakarta: transfer to your hotel for a 2 night stay. Afternoon at leisure.
3. Yogyakarta: morning city tour. Afternoon visit to the temples of Prambanan.
4. Yogyakarta - Borobudur: afternoon tour of Borobudur.
5. Borobudur - Tanjung Puting National Park: fly to Kalimantan and travel by boat to the Rimba Lodge.
6. Tanjung Puting National Park: full day tour in search of Orangutans and Proboscis Monkeys.
7. Tanjung Puting- Mount Bromo: fly to Surabaya and transfer to Mount Bromo for a 1 night stay.
8. Mount Bromo - Ubud: sunrise at Mount Bromo. Fly to Bali and transfer to your hotel for a 3 night stay.
9&10. Ubud: days at leisure.
11. Ubud - Komodo Islands: Fly to Flores and embark on a 2 night cruise around the Komodo Island National Park.
12. Komodo Islands Cruise: visit Komodo Island to see the Komodo dragons.
13. Labuan Bajo - Jimbaran Bay: fly to Bali and transfer to Jimbaran Bay for a 3 night stay.
14&15. Jimbaran Bay: days at leisure to relax by the sea.
16. Bali - London Heathrow: via Singapore with Singapore Airlines.
17. London Heathrow
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust