Trip reference number: TWOM
Trip Operator: Bamboo Travel
Our ’Wonders of Myanmar’ is a two week tour of Myanmar that takes in some of the country’s key sights and ends with a few days’ relaxation on the golden sands of Ngapali Beach. Starting in Yangon the tours moves on to the colonial hill station of Pyin U Lwin and the ancient cities in and around Mandalay before exploring the majestic ruins of Bagan. From here the tour takes in the scenic landscapes of the Shan Hills and Inle Lake. After a rewarding tour what better way to unwind at the tranquil beach resort of Ngapali.
1. London Heathrow to Mandalay: via Bangkok, with Thai Airways.
2. Mandalay: arrive & check in.
3. Mandalay: full day guided tour of Amarapura, Ava & Sagaing.
4. Mandalay - Bagan: fly to Bagan for a two-night stay.
5. Bagan: full day exploring the ancient city, ending with a sunset cruise on the Irrawaddy.
6. Bagan - Kalaw: fly to the hill station of Kalaw for an overnight stay.
7. Kalaw - Inle Lake: travel by road and boat to your lakeside hotel.
8. Inle Lake: full day tour of Inle Lake.
9. Inle Lake - Ngapali Beach: drive to Heho, before flying to Thandwe and transferring down to Ngapali Beach.
10-12. Ngapali Beach: unwind on the beach for three days.
13. Ngapali Beach - Yangon: fly to Yangon for a leisurely two-night stay.
14. Yangon: a relaxing day in the Myanmar capital.
15. Yangon - Bangkok - London Heathrow: fly to London, via Bangkok, with Thai Airways..
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust