The vast Tibetan Plateau, often called the ‘Roof of the World’, sits several miles above sea level, and its remote location has made it one of the most spiritual and untouched places on earth. This comprehensive tour of Tibet travels at a relaxed pace, covering the most significant monasteries around Lhasa and the provincial towns of Gyantse & Shigatse, and also ventures to wilderness areas to explore Lake Namtso, the hot springs of Tidrum, hermit caves & remote nunneries. Continue slowly west to the high Himalayas, with an overnight stay at Everest Base Camp for unforgettable views of the world’s highest peak. The trip finishes with the dramatic descent from the Tibetan Plateau to the lush tropical Kathmandu Valley in Nepal.
1. London Heathrow - Chengdu: with Qatar Airways.
2. Arrive Chengdu: fly to Lhasa. Transfer to your hotel for a 3 night stay.
3. Chengdu - Lhasa: fly to Lhasa. Transfer to your hotel for a 3 night stay.
4. Lhasa: full day guided tour to Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple and Barkhor Market.
5. Lhasa: full day guided tour to Norbulingka, Drepung and Sera Monasteries.
6. Lhasa - Lake Namtso: transfer to Lake Namtso. Afternoon/evening activities.
7. Lake Namtso - Tidrum: morning activities. Transfer to Tidrum for a 2 night stay.
8. Tidrum: exploring the Tidrum Area.
9. Tidrum - Tsetung: transfer to Tsetung. Afternoon visit to Samye Monastery.
10. Tsetung - Yarlung Valley - Tsetung: exploring the Yarlung Valley.
11. Tsetung - Gyantse: transfer to Gyantse for a 2 night stay.
12. Gyantse: morning tour of Gyantse.
13. Gyantse - Shigatse: transfer to Shigatse. Afternoon tour of Tashilhunpo.
14. Shigatse - Everest Base Camp: transfer to Everest Base Camp for an overnight stay.
15. Everest Base Camp - Old Tingri: morning trip to Everest Base Camp. Transfer to Old Tingri for an overnight stay.
16. Old Tingri - Kathmandu: transfer to Kathmandu for a 2 night stay.
17. Kathmandu: guided tour of Kathmandu.
18. Kathmandu - London: via Doha, with Qatar Airways.
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust