Trip reference number: ETLOTTD
Trip Operator: Bamboo Travel
A two week itinerary that gives you a chance to really explore the history and landscapes of Bhutan (also known as the Land of the Thunder Dragon). Starting in the important historic centres of Paro and Thimphu you then move into the central region to visit Trongsa and explore the valleys of Bumthang. The tour also includes a scenic walk in the Phobjikha Valley, a visit to the remote Haa Valley which has only recently been put on the tourist trail, and is rounded off in good style with a climb to see the amazing Tiger’s Nest Monastery – one of the most impressive sights in the Himalayas.
1. London Heathrow - Bangkok: with Thai Airways.
2. Bangkok: stay overnight at the Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel.
3. Bangkok - Paro: fly to Paro. Afternoon guided tour of the local area.
4. Paro - Thimphu: morning tour of Paro. Afternoon transfer to Thimphu with sightseeing.
5. Thimphu: guided tour of Thimphu.
6. Thimphu - Punakha: transfer to Punakha. Afternoon guided tour of the local area.
7. Punakha - Trongsa: transfer to Trongsa. Afternoon guided tour of the local area.
8. Trongsa - Bumthang: sightseeing around Trongsa. Afternoon transfer to Bumthang.
9. Bumthang: guided sightseeing in and around Bumthang.
10. Bumthang: guided sightseeing in the Tang Valley.
11. Bumthang - Gangtey: transfer to Gangtey with sightseeing.
12. Gangtey: guided walk around the Phobjikha Valley.
13. Gangtey - Paro: transfer to Paro.
14. Paro: guided tour of Paro and surrounds.
15. Paro - Haa - Paro: guided tour of Haa.
16. Paro - Bangkok: fly to Bangkok.
17. Bangkok - London Heathrow: with Thai Airways.
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust