13 Day Celebration of Nelson Mandela
2018 marks 100 years since the birth of Nelson Mandela and we are proud to offer this 13 night tour in South Africa that takes in key sites across the country that are important to both South Africa, and Nelson Mandela, including:
- Mandela Yard where Nelson Mandela rented when he first came to Johannesburg
- Nelson Mandela Bridge
- Mandela House Museum, the house where Nelson Mandela lived until he was forced underground in 1961
- Union Buildings where Nelson Mandela was inaugurated
- Old Synagogue, site of Mandela's Treason Trial
- Ohlange Institute where Nelson Mandela voted for the first time
- Project Gateway Museum where there were many freedom fighters kept
- Nelson Mandela Capture site
- 67 Public Art Works symbolising Nelson Mandela’s 67 years of work dedicated to the Freedom of South Africa.
- Drakenstein Correctional Centre where Nelson Mandela spent the last 14 months of his 27 years of imprisonment.
- Mandela Rhodes Building, home to the Mandela Rhodes Foundation.
- District Six
- Robben IslandChapmans Peak and African Penguins of Boulders Beach Pollsmoor Prison, where Mandela was sent to in 1982, after spending 18 years on Robben Island
As this tour is done on a private basis the routes and accommodation used can be amended according to individual preferences. This is a sample itinerary to provide ideas and inspiration....
- £1945 Based on 6 people sharing
- £2345 Based on 4 people sharing
- £2795 Based on 2 people sharing.
- Single Supplement - £450
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust