Vanuatu travel guide, including map of Vanuatu, top Vanuatu travel experiences, and tips for travel in Vanuatu
Our travel guide to Vanuatu is coming soon. In the meantime, please check out our Vanuatu Essential Info page, and the posts in our travellers' forums.
Vanuatu – Vital Statistics
- Capital of Vanuatu: Port-Vila
- Population of Vanuatu: 221,500
- Languages in Vanuatu: Pidgin, English and over 100 local languages
- Time in Vanuatu: GMT +11
- International dialling code in Vanuatu: +678
- Voltage in Vanuatu: 230V 50Hz
- Visa information for Vanuatu: Visa information
- Money in Vanuatu: Vatu (Vt) There are ATMs which work with foreign cards but they are only found in the capital and in larger towns. Travellers cheques and credit cards can be used, but not in rural Vanuatu, so take plenty of cash.
- Vanuatu travel advice: Foreign & Commonwealth Office
- Vanuatu tourist board: Vanuatu Islands