Micronesia travel guide, including map of Micronesia, top Micronesia travel tips. plus where to go in the Caroline, Marshall, Mariana, and Gilbert islands
The Federated States of Micronesia is an independent, sovereign island nation in the west Pacific, made up of four states: Yap, Chuuk, Pohnpei and Kosrae.
Our travel guide to Micronesia is coming soon. In the meantime, please check out our Micronesia Essential Info page, and the posts in our travellers' forums.
Travel in Micronesia – vital statistics
- Capital of Micronesia: Palikir (Pohnpei)
- Population of Micronesia: 107,000
- Languages in Micronesia: English (official and common language), Chuukese, Kosrean, Pohnpeian, Yapese, Ulithian, Woleaian, Nukuoro, Kapingamarangi
- Time in Micronesia: Guam – GMT +10 The islands are spread across a large area so others may use a different time.
- International dialling code in Micronesia: +691
- Voltage in Micronesia: 110/120V 60Hz. For Nauru and Kiribati the voltage is 240V 50Hz.
- Visas for Micronesia: Micronesia visas
- Money in Micronesia: US dollar and Australian dollar. Travellers cheques are widely accepted and there are banks on all the major islands.
- Micronesia travel advice: Foreign & Commonwealth Office
- Micronesia tourist board: Exotic Micronesia